Substance Use Disorder
Just like with any chronic illness, finding the right treatment for you is the first step toward recovery and living a drug-free life. At Gateway to Prevention & Recovery, we offer several proven methods for substance use disorder treatment in a safe and supportive environment. Our goal is your total health and lifelong recovery so that you can take back control over your life and live independently.
Do you or someone you know suffer from substance use disorder?
Here are some of the symptoms of someone suffering from substance use disorder.
- Drop in attendance and performance at work or school
- Frequently getting into trouble (fights, accidents, illegal activities)
- Using substances in physically hazardous situations such as while driving or operating a machine
- Engaging in secretive or suspicious behaviors
- Changes in appetite or sleep patterns
- Unexplained change in personality or attitude
- Sudden mood swings, irritability, or angry outbursts
- Periods of unusual hyperactivity, agitation, or giddiness
- Lacking of motivation
- Appearing fearful, anxious, or paranoid, with no reason
- Bloodshot eyes and abnormally sized pupils
- Sudden weight loss or weight gain
- Deterioration of physical appearance
- Unusual smells on breath, body, or clothing
- Tremors, slurred speech, or impaired coordination
- Sudden change in friends, favorite hangouts, and hobbies
- Legal problems related to substance use
- Unexplained need for money or financial problems
- Using substances even though it causes problems in relationships
Our Services Include:
Client Intial Intake PacketIf you want to come prepared and save some time, you can download and fill out our intake form at home and bring it in with you on the day of your assement.
Do you do walk in assessments or services?Yes, we offer walk in assessments or services. The numbers and times to the treatment facilities near you include:
Shawnee: 405.273.1170Walk-in assessment times: Monday through Wednesday 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM; Thursday and Friday 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
Chandler: 405.240.5333Walk-in assessment times: Monday through Thursday 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
Seminole: 405.395.4357Walk-in assessment times: Monday through Thursday 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM; Friday 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
What to bring?Please Bring the following to your Assessment:
- Income Verification
- Insurance Verification
- Photo ID
What is an Assessment?An Assessment is a 1.5-3 hr session during which a licensed professional will evaluate the extent of youth or adult use. Recommendations are then based on the assessment.
How is payment determined?Payment for our services is determined by financial eligibility. Multiple pay sources are available such as: Medicaid, Medicare, Sooner Care, private pay, commercial insurance reimbursement, sliding fee scale. Gateway receives funding from the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health & Substance Abuse Services to assist eligible patients. Please do not allow your lack of finances to prohibit you from accessing these services.
How long does treatment take?All treatment services are individualized to the patients needs and referral service.
Do you offer inpatient treatment?No. However, we do offer ODASL screen for state application for state funded inpatient treatment.
Make a Donation
We couldn't do what we do without the help of the community! By making a donation, you'l help to keep our programs funded.Donate